This weekend we'll spring forward and lose an hour.
Don't bother looking for that hour though---we'll get it back in the fall.
Here are some things to think about and do when we spring forward....
Daylight Savings time begins at 2am Sunday March 10th. The first week is usually snarky: auto accidents & heart attacks increase plus work productivity's down.
On the plus side, it's a good reminder to check our batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
Spring Forward Checklist
- 1. Change the clocks, change the batteries
- 2. Replace light bulbs
- 3. Check the first-aid kit
- 4. Review your family emergency plan
- 5. Find the flashlights and replace their batteries
- 6. Replace the water filter in your refrigerator
- 7. Check/replace furnace filter
- 8. Clean the dryer vent
- 9. Reset timers on outdoor lights
- 10. Re-caulk the shower tub