The Season For Weddings
It's the Season
It's the season for wedding planning. See WIN 98.5 at the January 5 Bridal Fair hosted by Wiser Productions at the Firekeepers Casino and Hotel.
Help For Planning
Look below for a list of local businesses that can help you plan your wedding and for some fun facts about weddings you may not have known.
Fun Facts About Weddings
- Queen Victoria started the Western world's white wedding dress trend in 1840, before then, brides simply wore their best dress.
- Ancient Greeks and Romans thought the veil protected the bride from evil spirits. Ever since, brides have worn veils.
- Czech newlyweds have Peas thrown at them instead of rice.
- In the symbolic language of jewels, a sapphire in a wedding ring means marital happiness.
- Snake rings dotted with ruby eyes were popular wedding bands in Victorian England, the coils winding into a circle symbolized eternity.