By Aly Semigran, Hollywood.com Staff
Typically the description of ""an all-star ensemble cast"" conjures up terrible visions of saccharine-sweet, critical kryptonite movies like Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve. Then again, those movies didn't have A-list celebrities making jokes about HPV, reinforcing racial stereotypes, or taunting blind kids now did they? That's where Movie 43 comes in.
Under the eye of a guy who knows a thing or two about shameless comedies, Peter Farrelly (There's Something About Mary, Kingpin, Dumb & Dumber) managed to assemble some of the biggest names in Hollywood for what could either be the greatest parody flick of all-time, or that thing on their IMDB they're going to pretend never happened. Whether or not the movie will make you cringe in the way it wants you to will remain to be seen until it hits theaters in early 2013, but here's what it has in its corner based on the very NSFW red band trailer:
- Real-life couples Liev Schrieber and Naomi Watts and Chris Pratt and Anna Faris (who became famous for her work in raunchy parody Scary Movie) effectively scarring/embarrassing their actual children for life.
- Emma Stone doing what she does best, and turning rom-com cliches on their head.
- Chloë Moretz shattering her child star image before Carrie comes out.
- Kate Winslet doing and/or saying something wickedly offensive. (Hey, it worked on Extras).
- Gerard Butler as a ball-kicking leprechaun.
Okay, that last one might not be a selling point, but appearances from Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Elizabeth Banks, Richard Gere, Terrence Howard, and a host of other famous faces should do the trick. Watch the NSFW we repeat NSFW preview here:
Get More: Comedy Central,Funny Videos,Funny TV Shows
[Photo credit: Relativity Media]
More: 'The Big Wedding' Trailer: You Are Cordially Invited to Every Rom-Com Ever New 'Gangster Squad' Trailer: Old-School Mobsters, All-Star CastThe Best Ensemble Casts in Movies