BETHEL TOWNSHIP, BRANCH COUNTY (WTVB) - A Bethel Township woman escaped the flames that gutted her mobile home over the weekend, but Denise Martin suffered smoke inhalation in the Saturday night blaze. The Bronson fire department arrived at the scene at 430 Sprung Lake Drivearound 7 p.m. to find heavy smoke in the bedroom area. Martin and her daughter were already out of the trailer. The blaze was sparked by an electrical short in the closet area. Damages were estimated at 25-hundred dollars to the structure and 300-dollars to the contents.
The mobile home owner, Russ Erwin of Coldwater, had no insurance on the structure. A Bronson firemen was taken to theCommunityHealthCenterof Branch County for treatment of a glass cut to his hand. Firemen were on the job for about an hour and a half.