KALAMAZOO (WKZO) -- Public Safety says a working smoke detector might have kept a Kalamazoo woman out of the hospital. Instead she is being treated for smoke inhalation at Borgess Medical Center after she had to be rescued from her burning home by Public Safety Officers.
The Department responded to a report of smoke coming from a home in the 26-hundred block of Glendale Blvd. at 2:38 Monday afternoon. They found a smoky kitchen fire and the unconscious 47-year-old female, who was pulled to safety. She is listed in stable condition.