BRANCH COUNTY, MI (WTVB) - An early spring trash and grass fire in Branch County spreads to a house in Bethel Township and causes damage to the structure. The blaze brought out the Bronson Fire Department at around 12:45 Friday afternoon. They went to 571 South Parham Road. That’s where Randy Michel lives in the single story home owned by Brent Rumsey of Bronson.
The flames caused about five thousand dollars damage to the structure and 500-dollars to the contents. Fire officials say there was no insurance on the house. The blaze was declared under control around 45 minutes after the alarm was turned in.
The Lakeland Fire Department was called for mutual aid. No injuries were reported. Firemen were on scene for two hours