BATAVIA TOWNSHIP, MI (WTVB) - Nearly $50,000 in damages but no injuries in a garage fire last night on Webb Road in Branch County’s Batavia Township. Bronson firemen were able to stop the flames before they spread into the attached residence, which sustained some smoke loss. A discarded cigarette is listed as the cause of the fire at the home owned by Charles Wheeler and where Brant Rees and James Throop live.
Among the contents in the garage destroyed was a 1997 Z-28 Camaro. The alarm from 324 Webb Road came in shortly after eight p.m.
The Coldwater Fire Department assisted with a tanker truck. Firemen were on the job for an hour and 45 minutes.