STURGIS (WKZO) -- An ordinary grease fire on a kitchen stove is being blamed for a fire that damaged a home in Sturgis last evening.
Firefighters got the call just after 7 p.m. and arrived to find the owner spraying water through the back door of the home with a garden hose.
All the occupants had escaped unharmed.
Fire crews took over, looking for hidden fire in the walls and ceiling.
They quickly extinguished the flames but not before there was smoke and fire damage to a good portion of the home.