On Air Now


Listen Live Now » 98.5 FM Battle Creek, Michigan


Current Conditions(Battle Creek,MI 49017)

More Weather »
67° Feels Like: 67°
Wind: SW 9 mph Past 24 hrs - Precip: 0”
Current Radar for Zip


Mostly Clear 54°


PM Thunderstorms 77°

Sat Night

Scattered Thunderstorms 61°


Michigan Department of Transportation details claim process for pothole damage

LANSING (WKZO) -- A claim form is available for motorists whose vehicles have been damaged by potholes on a state "trunk line."  Those roads are highways with an "M," "I," or U.S. prefix like M-10, I-75, or U.S. 23. The Michigan Department of Transportation says any damage that occurred on other roads would not qualify.

If a motorist claims damage of less than one-thousand dollars, a form has to be submitted with MDOT regional office or a transportation service center where the damage occurred.  Claims of over one-thousand dollars need to be filed with the Michigan Court of Claims in Lansing.