BATTLE CREEK (WZKO) -- An unusual and horrifying fire has killed an elderly Battle Creek man, and investigators say it probably would not have happened if there had not been a power failure.
Investigators say that 83-year-old Louie Ryason was using candles, and went to sleep with at least one burning.
When he woke up, the bed was on fire and so was he.
He got up and ran to the bathroom to try and put out the flames and collapsed dead.
The sink was still running when they discovered his body.
They aren’t sure when it happened.
They say the fire burned itself out and none of the damage could be seen from outside.
It was only after friends became concerned that they checked and found his body.
An autopsy is planned, its all being investigated