PORTAGE (WKZO) -- Some things should be left to the professionals.
A 50-year-old Portage man who was reportedly manufacturing his own home-made fireworks was injured and his kitchen damaged when he apparently accidentally triggered an explosion late last night.
Portage Public Safety got the 9-1-1 call that there had been a blast at a home on Fairfield Road, near Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International and that at least one man had suffered burns as a result.
The blast blew out windows,and wrecked the kitchen.
‘Tis the season with July Fourth just a week and a half away. This could be just the first of a series of fireworks related mishaps.